Friday, August 13, 2010

CNN-Dr. Laura Goes "Kramer"; "Nigga This, Nigga That"(???)

Dr. Laura Schlessinger: classic.feministing.com
(Story reported by CNN's Rick Sanchez for his "Rick's List" blog)

Dr. Laura Schlessinger has used the "N" word 11 times in 5 minutes during her radio show. Going off on what appears to be a racist rant, according to many who've listened to it, with a woman who had called in how to get advice on how to get along with her husband who's have a different race. Dr. Laura has now issued an apology. Below is the transcript of the radio show:

Caller: OK. Last night - good example - we had a neighbor come over, and this neighbor - when every time he comes over, it's always a black comment. It's, "Oh, well, how do you black people like doing this?" And, "Do black people really like doing that?" And for a long time, I would ignore it. But last night, I got to the point where it –

Schlessinger: I don't think that's racist.

Caller: Well, the stereotype –

Schlessinger: I don't think that's racist. No, I think that -

Caller: [unintelligible]

Schlessinger: No, no, no. I think that's - well, listen, without giving much thought, a lot of blacks voted for Obama simply 'cause he was half-black. Didn't matter what he was gonna do in office, it was a black thing. You gotta know that. That's not a surprise. Not everything that somebody says - we had friends over the other day; we got about 35 people here - the guys who were gonna start playing basketball. I was going to go out and play basketball. My bodyguard and my dear friend is a black man. And I said, "White men can't jump; I want you on my team." That was racist? That was funny.

Caller: How about the N-word? So, the N-word's been thrown around –

Schlessinger: Black guys use it all the time. Turn on HBO, listen to a black comic, and all you hear is n*****, n*****, n*****.

Caller: That isn't –

Schlessinger: I don't get it. If anybody without enough melanin says it, it's a horrible thing; but when black people say it, it's affectionate. It's very confusing. Don't hang up, I want to talk to you some more. Don't go away.

(click here to read the full story on Rick Sanchez's blog on the CNN website. Below is the audio of Schlessinger's racist meltdown, posted on the Mediaite.com website.)


2 comments:

scorpiostinger said...

I wish people would use their heads and consider the context of what Dr. Laura said, and how she said it.

She was spot on.

But then again, 99% of people are idiots and won't think for themselves.

Bmc said...

@scorpiostinger: she was spot on the vitriol she has been harboring and driving her even more insane that she already is. Had someone called her and said "Kike" 11 times, or any other derogatory remark referring to Jews, I wonder how she and others in the media would have reacted to it. This woman is troubled, and I am glad she has removed herself from the airwaves. Nigger, Spic, Kike, Fag, Raghead, Dyke, Cracker, Poor White Trash, Greaseball...these are hot buttons that should not be pushed, especially with people who know better. She thought her exercise in bad behavior would create ratings for her tired show. She is officially corny and I'm glad she's exiting stage left. Thanks for your comment...