Wednesday, August 18, 2010

NY Times-"Dr." Laura To End Talk Show (Therapist Medicate Thyself)

Laura Schlessinger: feministing.com
(Story reported by Anahad O'Connor)

12:43 a.m. | Updated Dr. Laura Schlessinger, the conservative talk radio commentator under fire for repeatedly using a racial epithet, announced on Tuesday that she was ending her long-running radio show.

Dr. Schlessinger made the announcement on Tuesday night on “Larry King Live,” saying she made a decision not to renew her contract when it expires at the end of the year and suggesting that she did not want her opinions and language, however provocative, to be muzzled.

“I want to regain my First Amendment rights,” she said. “I want to be able to say what’s on my mind and in my heart and what I think is helpful and useful without somebody getting angry, some special interest group deciding this is the time to silence a voice of dissent and attack affiliates, attack sponsors. I’m sort of done with that.”

(click here to read the full story on the NY Times website)

No comments: