Monday, September 6, 2010

UK Daily Mail-Condoleeza Rice Hung Up On George W. Bush During 9/11

Condoleeza Rice: sal2009.com

(Story reported by the UK Daily Mail)

Condoleeza Rice ordered George Bush ro stay away from Washington after the 9/11 attack before hanging up the phone on him, she has revealed.

The former national security adviser told the U.S. President, who was in Florida, not to return to the White House because it was a potential terrorist target.
Former President George W. Bush: npinopunintended.wordpress.com
She told a Channel 4 documetary to be screened next Saturday, on the ninth anniversary of the attacks: 'The President got on the phone and he said: "I'm coming back."

'I said: "You cannot come back here. The United States of America is under attack, you have to go to safety. We don't know what is going on here.

'He said: "I'm coming back." I said: "You can't." I said to him in a raised voice, and I had never raised my voice to the President before, I said, "You cannot come back here".

'I hung up.'

(Click here to read the full story on the UK Daily Mail website.)

No comments: