Friday, October 22, 2010

UK Daily Mail-Lisa Marie To Oprah; "I Wish I'd Saved Michael Jackson"

Lisa Marie Presley on Oprah: Splash News/Harpo Productions
(Story reported by the UK Daily Mail)

Lisa Marie Presley has opened up for the first time about the death of ex-husband Michael Jackson, saying 'I wish I'd saved him.'

Presley, 42, was married to The King of Pop from May 1994 until January 1996.

She told Oprah she was in 'floods of tears' when she heard about Jackson's death - and wishes she could have done more

'I know it's naive to think that I could've, but I wanted to,' she said.

Hours later Lisa Marie said she received a text message from John Travolta breaking the tragic news. 'I was floored,' she said. 'Honestly floored.'

Lisa Marie told Oprah she had never suspected Jackson was using drugs during until the final days of their marriage.

'I didn't really suspect and catch on until just before I filed for divorce,' she said.

'There was just an occasion, an incident where he had collapsed and he was in the hospital.'

Though doctors blamed it on a viral infection, Presley said there were several different reports.

'I couldn't tell what was happening,' she said. 'I couldn't really get a straight answer about what was happening with him, and I think we were all a little bit in the dark.'

(Click here to read the full story on the UK Daily Mail Website.) 




No comments: