Thursday, October 14, 2010

BBC News-T.I. Talks Suicidal Man Out Of Jumping From 22nd Floor

T.I.: Getty Images
(Story reported by BBC News)

US rapper TI helped to talk a suicidal man down from the top of a 22-storey building in Atlanta, Georgia.

Police say TI joined an assembled crowd of people below the skyscraper before asking officers if he could help.

The man agreed to come down in exchange for a few minutes with the rapper, police said.

"I told him it ain't that bad. It'll get better, to put the time and effort into making it better," said TI, whose real name is Clifford Harris.

He told the Associated Press news agency the man seemed "beat up by life".

"I just reminded him, know that I know. It looks bad right now but it can turn around."

(Click here to read the full story on the BBC News website.)

No comments: